Overview: We are ooking to hire freelance copy editors to line edit articles as needed prior to their publication each week. The job allows copy editors to be involved in the process of disseminating premium content to millions on a weekly basis. The content is produced by trendsetters and millennials from around the U.S. who are thought leaders in their communities. Copy editors are in charge of editing articles for grammar, spelling, style, punctuation and sentence structure prior to when the Managing Editors edit and publish articles. Candidates should feel comfortable using a digital publishing platform/content management system.
- Knowledge of AP Style is a huge plus.
- Copy editing experience is a huge plus.
- English and journalism backgrounds are preferred.
- Knowledge of CMS/digital publishing platforms.
- Copy Editors should have flexible schedules between Sunday and Wednesday of every week, preferably between the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Edit articles as needed from assigned communities, checking grammar, spelling, punctuation, style and sentence structure.
- Contextual edits are not expected.
- Feedback and communication with Managing Editors are always welcome.